[Mailman-Users] Changing the path of cgi-bin

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Wed Jul 13 20:24:36 CEST 2005

I've been asked to change the path from ~mailman/cgi-bin to
~mailman/something-else, the claim being security (and avoiding skript
kiddies).    Though, with the directory aliasing, I don't see where that
makes a bit of difference.

In my application, the httpd.conf is "embedded" such that it's run only
to serve Mailman (stripped down).   If you have /mailman aliased to
/mailman/cgi-bin, then renaming it to something else doesn't seem like
it will make any difference at all.

But alas, I figured I'd ask and get some opinions first.

Thanks....