[Mailman-Users] Mailman not sending

bronto at csd-bes.net bronto at csd-bes.net
Fri Jul 22 01:07:24 CEST 2005

I have a brand new server replacing my old hardware for all my existing
domains.  With mailman, I am using Postfix/MySQL and virtual domains.

Today I went live, but mailman is not sending email.  I had this
working a couple of weeks ago in my setup environment, and I don't know
what changed to prevent it working now.  The web interface works, I can
manage lists, and emails sent to a test list get saved to the archive.
There is no maillog activity indicating delivery attempts, and in
viewing the mailman smtp-failure log I see lots of messages like this:

Jul 21 15:46:54 2005 (1361) delivery to rbrandt at criterionsystems.com
failed with code -1: (-2, 'Name or service not known')

It looks like all my test messages are in the retry deliver queue.

Here are my settings from mm_cfg.py:
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
DEFAULT_NNTP_HOST = 'amd64.csd-bes.net'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'amd64.csd-bes.net'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'amd64.csd-bes.net'
MTA = 'Postfix'
POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postalias'
POSTFIX_MAP_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postmap'
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['amd64.csd-bes.net','mail.csd-bes.net']
DELIVERY_MODULE = 'SMTPDirect'
SMTPHOST = 'localhost'
add_virtualhost('amd64.csd-bes.net', 'amd64.csd-bes.net')
add_virtualhost('mail.csd-bes.net', 'amd64.csd-bes.net')
add_virtualhost('lists.csd-bes.net', 'amd64.csd-bes.net')
IMAGE_LOGOS = '/mailmanicons/'

it seems to me that localhost should be fine for SMTPHOST.

Ideas?

Rob