[Mailman-Users] Mailman / Postfix Question on Tiger Server

David Scribner BIConsulting at blackiris.com
Sat Jul 23 00:47:31 CEST 2005

I am in the process of changing over my mailing list from LetterRip
Pro to Mailman , which is running on my Tiger Server (10.4.2).  All
of the list addresses are actually received by my EIMS server which
then forwards mail for that list to the correct server - either LRP
or Mailman.  All of that works just fine.

I have the Letter Rip Pro server to only accept mail on the SMTP
Submit Port of 587.  By doing that i have stopped any spam getting to
that server directly as all mail for that server goes through the
EIMS box which has filtering on it. My questions is how do I set
Postfix on the OSX box to only receive on the SMTP Submit Port of
587?  And then if I do that how do I set Mailman to send to that port
rather than the default SMTP port?

Thanks
David Scribner
BI Consulting