[Mailman-Users] User unknown new error

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Sun Jul 24 19:24:23 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net>
To: "John Fleming" <john at wa9als.com>; <mailman-users at python.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] User unknown new error

> John Fleming wrote:

Any idea how they get out of synch?  I hadn't created a new list for awhile
when it started screwing up.  Here are some observations after reading the
info at the link above:

1.  Regarding the ownership of aliases and aliases.db, mine are "reversed" -

aliases - Owner = www-data, Group = list
aliases.db - Owner = list, Group - www-data

I don't know if that's how they used to be or not.

Permissions for both files is 0660.

Would you suggest that I change both to owner = list and group = www-data
and then run bin/genaliases?

The aliases file only has information for 2 of my lists - The 2 that work
BTW!

I tried running genaliases yesterday, but I think it didn't work correctly
due to permissions mismatch.
- John