[Mailman-Users] arch + EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER + lock files

Jean-Philippe GIOLA jean-philippe.giola at st.com
Fri Jul 29 14:48:16 CEST 2005

Hi all

In my mm_cfg.py, Y have this line :
 PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = 'cat > /tmp/mail_tmp ;
/home/mailman/bin/arch %(listname)s /tmp/mail_tmp'

So, when a mail is sent to a list, it is store in a temporary file and
then this command is execute :
/home/mailman/bin/arch %(listname)s /tmp/mail_tmp

The problem I have is that the execution of this last command create
lock's files in the locks directory :
listname.lock ...
and so arch can't re-create the archives from /tmp/mail_tmp.
then, when I remove the lock files, the execution of the arch script go on.

Does someone has a idea to resolve my problem ?

NB : When I execute "/home/mailman/bin/arch listname /tmp/mail_tmp"
directly from the command line, it works very well...

--
Cordialement,
Jean-Philippe Giola - 6577