[Mailman-Users] First-time poster...

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Jun 6 22:01:51 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 12:48 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> And did that say anything about a group mismatch error? Or is there
> anything in Mailman's 'error' log?
>
> If you're getting group mismatch errors, see FAQ article 6.16

FWIW, I don't think this problem will manifest itself as a mailman group
mismatch error, but I could be wrong.

Thinking about this a bit more I suspect Bill may have modified the
user/group on the alias file and/or modified the mailman account
information while postfix was running, but did not restart postfix. I
haven't looked at the postfix code but I wouldn't be surprised if
postfix when it starts gets file information on all its input files
referenced in main.cf and stores that information. If that information
was altered while postfix was running it would likely get confused
because it may be using id's that no longer exist.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>