[Mailman-Users] Auto discard non-members messages

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Jun 10 11:45:13 CEST 2005

    Mark> What do you consider a subscribe request? If you mean a
    Mark> message sent to the list posting address
    Mark> (listname at example.com) with a subject or message body saying
    Mark> "please subscribe me" or something like that, then you can't
    Mark> do what you want because these messages will be discarded
    Mark> like any other non-member post.

This is probably true, but it doesn't need to be.  Normally the lists
filter administrivia.  So if you put the administrivia filter HOLD
before the non-member filter DISCARD, Daevid should win here, too.

I'll check this and if necessary submit a wishlist RFE, maybe even a
patch, since it seems logical and harmless.  It will be some time
(weeks, maybe), so anyone can feel free to beat me to the punch.  :-)