[Mailman-Users] Multiple subscription requests and reminders

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Jun 17 20:31:37 CEST 2005

At 4:45 PM +0100 2005-06-17, Bruno Ferreira wrote:

>      I have a mailman 2.1.5 installation on a FC1 Plesk-administrated
>  server.

	Please note the Mailman FAQ Wizard entry at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.015.htp>.

>          The problem I'm having is that subscription confirmation e-mails
>  arrive in duplicate or quadruplicate (!!!!). Plus, subscription
>  reminders come in even larger quantities. The "subscribe" log shows
>  apparently independent subscription requests, so I'm kinda stumped on
>  what's causing this.

	What exactly is in your MTA logs?  What is in your Mailman logs?
Can you show us some examples of duplicate messages, with all the
headers intact?

>                       The MTA is qmail and seems to be working fine for
>  several domains hosted on this machine. Has anyone had this problem, and
>  what can/should I look for as far as troubleshooting goes?

	For qmail-related items, you'd need to use mailing lists, FAQs,
etc... related to that MTA.  The issue right now is that we need to
help you figure out where the problem lies.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755