[Mailman-Users] QRUNNER processes running high on CPU rates

Chance Eppinette eppinette at ulm.edu
Mon Jun 20 18:14:09 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am still having problems with a list which has about 13,000 subscribers.
The system seems to be overwhelmed by bounce processing.  I am running
Mailman 2.1.5 on a Solaris 2.8 SunFire -280R.
The CPU rate is hovering around 45% for the qrunner bounce process.
The list has purged out about 1100 disabled subscribers over this weekend,
but for some reason is still churning away about nothing - it seems.

I have tried to stop and restart the Mailman services but that takes extra
steps as well...
"S98mailman stop" doesn't kill all Mailman processes.  I have to kill them
manually and this is after waiting up to 10 minutes or so for S98mailman.

Also, while the qrunner process is running high CPU rates, we can't login to
this specific list via the web interface.
Is it possible I have a corrupted Mailman installation or something?

Chance Eppinette
Technology Support Manager
ULM Computing Center
eppinette at ulm.edu