[Mailman-Users] Bouncing

PeteBell macbantam at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 21 15:37:21 CEST 2005

Hi.

I am running a Mailman email list, but do NOT have access to the
installation of Mailman, as it is shared server-wide where I am hosted.

I know all about the system of "bounce scores" and deletion from the
list for perpetual bouncers, but what I need to know is...

Every so often I get a message, as list admin, that soemone has been
"removed" from the list (NOT "unsubscribed", but "removed").

1. Does this mean they have been deleted because of persistent bounces?

2. Is there a way to get a report sent to me by the Mailman software
each day listing everyone who is currently bouncing?
(I do *NOT* want to trawl the logs to try to decipher a load of
gobbledygook which seems completely unintelligible to me - I want an
email listing the bouncers in plain English (US English acceptable!)).

3. Is there also a way to make it so that the "mailmain-
bounces at xxx.com" address ONLY sends messages that are to do with
bounces? It's not very helpful when all sorts of other admin stuff
come from an address called "mailman-BOUNCES"!

Cheers
Pete bell, UK