[Mailman-Users] How to transfer Majordomo archive to mailman

Martin Mewes mm at mewes.tv
Tue Mar 1 08:51:28 CET 2005

Hi Bryan,

no need to send a post to the list _and_ a cc to me as I am reading the
list :-)

Bryan Blackwell <bryan at skiblack.com> wrote :

> Majordomo doesn't (by default anyway) store its sent messages in an
> mbox.  My archives are essentially a directory with all the digests.
> You can see one of the digests here:
>
> http://www.corvair.org/chapters/test/v02.n4928.txt

As far as I can see you should provide a real mbox where eMails are
stored with full headers. If you do not have one, you can only re-post
them to the new mailman-list, but I am unsure about that.

The initial mbox-conversion to HTML can be done with (Mailman version
2.1.6b3)

mailman at ds$ /usr/local/mailman/bin: ./arch --help

<cite>
Rebuild a list's archive.

Use this command to rebuild the archives for a mailing list.  You may
want to do this if you edit some messages in an archive, or remove some
messages from an archive.

Usage: ./arch [options] <listname> [<mbox>]

Where options are:
    -h / --help
        Print this help message and exit.

    -q / --quiet
        Make the archiver output less verbose.

    --wipe
        First wipe out the original archive before regenerating.  You
	usually want to specify this argument unless you're generating the
	archive in chunks.

    -s N
    --start=N
        Start indexing at article N, where article 0 is the first in the
	mbox. Defaults to 0.

    -e M
    --end=M
        End indexing at article M.  This script is not very efficient
	with respect to memory management, and for large archives, it may not
	be possible to index the mbox entirely.  For that reason, you can
	specify the start and end article numbers.

Where <mbox> is the path to a list's complete mbox archive.  Usually
this will be some path in the archives/private directory.  For example:

% bin/arch mylist archives/private/mylist.mbox/mylist.mbox

<mbox> is optional.  If it is missing, it is calculated.

</cite>

If this is not easy enough I cannot be of anymore help as I did my
migration with this one.

bis dahin/kind regards

Martin Mewes

--
I am on holiday. Your e-mail has been deleted.