[Mailman-Users] listowners.org

Willie McKemie mckemie at spamcop.net
Fri Mar 4 02:06:41 CET 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 08:54:39PM +0100, Brad Knowles wrote:
> At 6:27 AM -0600 2005-03-03, Willie McKemie wrote:
>
> > Listowners.org has been down (to my knowledge) for several days.
>
> 	It's been down a lot longer than that.  See
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.025.htp>.

Must not be many of us users of hosting services needing mailman help?

> >                                                            Since
> > I need some help with a hosted mailman problem, should I wait for
> > listowners.org to become available again or should I join the
> > developer's list?
>
> 	I wouldn't recommend waiting on listowner.org.
>
> > The problem? Extracting subscribers lists.
>
> 	I presume that the problem can't be resolved with list_members
> and the other commands at
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.009.htp>?

No shell access to my hosting service.  I presume I would at least need
the shell access to do a list_members?  I do have access to cron jobs
and I have used that to poke around a bit and locate the subsriber
lists.  No luck there.  Would I likely have access to list_members if I
had shell access?

I have found that I can not easily get a list of subscribers emailed to
me with a "who" command transmitted via email.  I would have to change
a parameter on each and every subscriber via the web interface.  Total
number of subscribers spread over two lists is about 400.  Is there a
convenient way to expose the addresses of all subscribers?

In the past, I have copied and pasted out of the web listing of
subscribers.  That, too, is pretty tedious at 20 a time.  Not something
I'd want to do every week or so.

HEY!  I think I've got it!  I put "~mailman/bin/list_members >
list_members" in a cron job and got a list_members file that contains
list_members help.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Linux system uptime  249 days  7 hours 58 minutes