[Mailman-Users] checkdbs command question

George Booth G.Booth at usm.edu
Fri Mar 4 22:41:18 CET 2005

Does the checkdbs command do ANYTHING other than send out pending
notifications to the list owners? Would disabling it in cron cripple the
Mailman software in any way, shape, or form? Comments in the cron file
suggest that all it does is send out notifications, but there are no
comments one way or the other within the actual checkdbs file as whether it
does more than that or not. If that's all it does, we definitely want to
disable it for the 'special' instance of Mailman we are setting up, but we
don't want to cripple the software if it does more than just send out
pending notifications.

Thanks,

George

George Booth     iTech System Administrator
G.Booth at usm.edu
University of Southern Mississippi