[Mailman-Users] Attachment URL question in Archive Page

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Mar 5 22:14:20 CET 2005

Brian Carpenter wrote:

>The "PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL" governs the url to the archives of a list. That is
>working fine. The url that I am talking about is the url that shows up when
>looking at an archived message that had an attachment scrubbed.

If you look at the code in Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py, you will see
that the base portion of the URL to the scrubbed attachment is
obtained from GetBaseArchiveURL() which is exactly the same method
used by Cgi/admin.py, HTMLFormatter.py and Handlers/CookHeaders.py to
get this information. If the archive URL is correct in the link from
the web admin pages, the various templates and the RFC-2369 headers in
list messages, it should also be correct in the link to a scrubbed
part. If it's not, I don't know why.