[Mailman-Users] listowners.org

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Mar 6 03:31:44 CET 2005

Willie McKemie wrote:

>> There are some sample scripts available that script the web interface
>> to do these things See
>> http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb
>
>That's VERY interesting, thanks.
>
>I am not at all familiar with python.  I assume those scripts are to be
>executed on my local system rather than my web host?

That's correct.

>I just installed
>python and messed with the scripts some.  I first ran
>mailman-subscribers.py with the three command line parameters.  It ran
>a minute or two (or three), but yielded no output.

It works for me.

./mailman-subscribers.py -f www.example.com my_list my_list_pw

What happens if you use -v or --verbose?

>"Well", says I,
>"maybe I need to first 'unhide' all members first".

You shouldn't need to.

>So, I edited
>"unhide.py" and changed what seemed appropriate: listname and URL.

Correct.

>Changed 'password' and 'listpassword' on the line that begins with
>"params".

The literal 'password' is not changed. 'listpassword' is replaced with
'the_actual_password' (i.e. it should still be quoted.)

>Ran unhide.py.  Quick execution, no errors, no output.

This one is not so useful because it reads a list of members to unhide
from the subscribers.txt local file. If you don't know who the hidden
members are, it won't help you.