[Mailman-Users] Re: Non-members allowed to post!

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Wed Mar 9 19:06:47 CET 2005

Larry Stone wrote:
>>Sorry if this is a dumb question ... but what header indicates the
>>"envelope sender"?
> None. The "envelope sender" is the return address (MAIL FROM: command) in
> the dialogue between the upstream mail server and your mail server.

Ok, so then there is no way for Mailman to know the envelope sender,
right?  Mailman can only look at the mail that is piped into it from the
MTA (sendmail in my case), so if the information isn't available on the
headers, Mailman can't be aware of it.

Are we really talking about the 'sender' mail header?

david

--
David Gibbs
david at midrange.com

Receipt of this message does not grant you permission to send me
Unsolicited Commercial Email