[Mailman-Users] Another mailman install question

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Mar 11 20:36:50 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 13:20 -0600, Olson, Gary wrote:
> In looking for the mm_cfg file, I can only find in path/mailman/Mailman
> the files mm_cfg.py.dist and mm_cfg.py.dist.in -- there isn't an mm_cfg
> or an mm_cfg.py file.  Do I need to install this differently?  How can I
> get around this?

Sounds to me like you never ran configure. The three basic steps are:

./configure
make
make install

-OR- since you're on RHEL3 you could just install the mailman rpm and
save yourself from learning the details of how to correctly build and
install mailman :-) If you do install the rpm don't forget to read the
file /usr/share/doc/mailman-*/INSTALL.REDHAT for important final
installation and configuration tips.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>