[Mailman-Users] Misinterpretation of Re : prefix

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 11 23:12:57 CET 2005

Henri Brouchoud wrote:

>Except for Outlook which set this subject prefix to "Re : " (note that
>in this case the prefix contains two tokens). Outlook express and
>Netscape put the rigt prefix "Re: ". After some tests, it seems that any
>one-token prefix is accepted ("XXXXX" for instance).
>And this is my problem. I would like to modify the code to accept at
>least both patterns ("Re : " and "Re: "), but I don't know where the
>decoding of the subject is done. I guess it is a regexp ?

As you correctly note, the contents of the Subject: is split into
tokens. If the first token is not a command, the next is tried, but
that's as far as it goes.

The code is in Mailman/Queue/CommandRunner.py around line 134

            if not self.subjcmdretried and args:
                self.subjcmdretried += 1
                cmd = args.pop(0)
                return self.do_command(cmd, args)