[Mailman-Users] Getting the subscriber list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Mar 12 16:22:10 CET 2005

John Fleming wrote:

>> Or visit the roster from the listinfo page or directly at something
>> like http://www.example.com/mailman/roster/<listname>
>
>I'm not familiar with /roster/listname.  Why I try that, I get
>Error
>Directors roster authentication failed.

Your list roster is restricted to either list members or to list
administrators. You have to have already logged in as an authorized
viewer to view the roster in this way. If you're not, it doesn't
attempt to validate you by asking for user/password, it just gives the
above message.

If you aren't already logged in, it's probably easiest to go to the
listinfo page and get the roster from there.