[Mailman-Users] HTDIG problems

Joakim Nomell jocke at nomell.se
Mon Mar 14 14:04:31 CET 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, George Theall wrote:

>>> /usr/bin/htsearch -c $prefix/archives/htdig/<listname>.conf
>>>
>>> Give it something to search for and answer "short" for the format value.
>>
>> Nothing in the webserverlog but the comandline test gave no output at all:
>
> This suggests a problem with htdig / htsearch rather than Mailman.

True, the problem seems to be that it complains about:

displayParsedFile: Can't open /var/www/html/htdig/nomatch.html

And the same thing with header.html when it gets positive hits. Don't know
where to set that htsearch should look for these files on other locations.
For now, i made a symlink to /usr/share/htdig where it can find all images
and html-files related to htdig/htsearch. Now it works just fine. But if
you have a hint where to set this so I can get rid of symlinks, it would
be perfect =)? I bet that I forgot how I solved it the next time I need to
reinstall the box =) Its easier to have backups of conf-files.

Thanks a lot for your help =)

Joakim Nomell     Phn: +46 70 771 31 00      MSN : joakim at nomell.nu
Unix engineer     Fax: +46 70 711 31 00      Web : http://nomell.se