[Mailman-Users] Digest attachment double wrap

Meinecke, Jon Jon.Meinecke at tekelec.com
Tue Mar 15 14:35:51 CET 2005

A mailman mailing list I subscribe to is sometimes
formatting MIME digests in such a way that Outlook
and Outlook Express think the attachments are double
wrapped.  I haven't seen this in the mailman
installation and lists I maintain and I'm not sure
why the problem only occurs on some messages.

The symptom from Outlook and OE is that attachments
are sometimes renamed and rewrapped as filenames
with the form ATTxxxx.eml.  This seems to be
correlated with the "boundary" parameter when it
is set similar to the following:

Attachments are not renamed when boundary is set to
something like:

This seems to be a deficiency in the MS MIME
decoding engine, but is there a work-around for
mailman to avoid this problem?

Thanks,

Jon Meinecke