[Mailman-Users] sendmail and mailman problem

Tamara Yoggev tyoggev at 013.net
Wed Mar 16 12:45:26 CET 2005

Hi everyone,

whew! installing, and I'm at my wit's end...
I've created a new list via the command line, that worked, but I'm not getting the confirmation email.
This is what I get in my var/logs/mailog:

-----------
rewrite: excessive recursion (max 50), ruleset canonify
---------

Okay, I guess I 've got a bit of a mix-up with my aliases and settings.

so here is what I've got I'd appreciate if someone out there could help me sort this out.

1. my site is: www.aishlist.com

2. my mailertable is very simple:
aishlist.com    mailman:aishlist.com

3. my virtusertable is also very simple:
@aishlist.com  mailman-owner at aish.com

4. Here's a snip from my aliases file which may be relevant:

#mailman aliases
mailman:    postmaster
mailman-owner:    mailman

5. my local-host-names is this: (I'm not sure I need it)
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  #IP address

aishlist.com

6. and in my mailman.mc file, I've defined:

VIRTUSER_DOMAIN(`aishlist.com')

MASQUERADE_AS(`aishlist.com')dnl

MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(aishlist.com)dnl

did I leave anything out?