[Mailman-Users] Vijay - Mailman bug 2.1.5

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 15:29:06 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 16:58 +0530, Vijay Kumar wrote:
> RuntimeError: command failed: /usr/sbin/postalias
> /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases (status: 1, Operation not permitted)

This is not a bug in mailman. Mailman has been asked to run a separate
program when you add a new list, postfix's postalias command. It is
postalias that is failing. I suspect its failing because postalias does
not have the correct permissions when it runs to modifiy the postfix
alias database. Did you read the instructions for how to set this up in
README.POSTFIX? Is the alias database you're pointing to owner and group
"mailman"?
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>