[exim] Re: [Mailman-Users] Mailman/Exim problem with very slow outgoing mail on one list

Stephanie stephanie.elsy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:45:01 CEST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:23:47 +0200, Brad Knowles
<brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:
> At 10:51 PM -0600 2005-03-29, Stephanie wrote:
>
> >  So now I suspect it's related to that domain.  I'm going to do some
> >  digging in its hosting account settings, see if something got set
> >  oddly for it.
>
>         You may have reverse DNS problems for that IP address, or lame
> delegation problems for the domain, or any number of other
> DNS-related issues.  There are lots of ways to cause things to slow
> down if your DNS is messed up.

Which would affect ALL mail going out from my server, not just one
list, right?  DNS issues was my first thought when this initially
cropped up but mail from other lists I host and all private mail
continues to fly right on thru at about triple the speed of this one
list's outgoing mail.

And I do have proper rDNS set up, that was something I got done as
soon as the server was set up almost two years ago and nothing has
changed there.

--
hth,
Stephanie

Links blog: http://alice.ttlg.net/links/
Glenfinnan Web Hosting: http://www.glenfinnan.net/

The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature but
plunges him more deeply into them.
-- Antoine De Saint-Exupery [Wind, Sand, Stars]