[Mailman-Users] adding the aliases

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Mon May 2 15:43:25 CEST 2005

On 5/2/2005 4:36, "Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina"
<mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr> wrote:

> What tips would you suggest to allow the adding of aliases when adding a
> ML through the web interface? (that would include regeneration of the
> alias-db and may be restarting or reloading the MTA)

Use Exim rather than sendmail, and--configured per easily available
information--get rid of the per-list aliases.

Use Postfix, I understand, and Mailman can manage the per-list aliases for
you, per easily available information.

I have no idea about qmail (the likelihood of my learning qmail is about as
low as the likelihood of my learning sendmail).

  --John