[Mailman-Users] Subscribing from cell phones

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Mon May 9 07:19:29 CEST 2005

On May 9, 2005, at 04:47, Scot Hacker wrote:

> Jim, this is  cool to know, thanks. So is there  a corresponding
> option
> for unsubscribe confirmations?  I tried it with
>
> m.unsubscribe_policy = 0
>
> and withlist didn't complain, but unsub confirmations are still
> sent out
> :( . I also tried setting ALLOW_OPEN_UNSUBSCRIBE in mm_cfg.py, but no
> luck.

There is an unsubscribe_policy variable for each list (set to the
value of DEFAULT_UNSUBSCRIBE_POLICY in your mm_cfg.py/Defaults.py),
but as the comments in Defaults.py explain it only controls whether
or not administrative approval is necessary to allow the
unsubscription to be honored.

There is no setting called ALLOW_OPEN_UNSUBSCRIBE.

If you send your member password when you send the unsubscribe
command, there should be no confirmation step.

unsubscribe mypasswd

(You could modify Mailman/Commands/cmd_unsubscribe.py if you wanted
to allow unverified unsubscriptions from your list by mail.)

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/