[Mailman-Users] Sanitizer settings

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Thu May 12 10:38:23 CEST 2005

On May 12, 2005, at 16:03, Scot Hacker wrote:
>> A user is asking why  HTML messages are ending up with attachments
>> (which their organization is bouncing back to them since it doesn't
>> allow HTML attachments).

What is in the attachments?  (Do you have a list footer added to
messages passing through your  Mailman?  Some users will describe the
footer as an "attachment" to an HTML or multipart/alternative
message.  Make the footer empty.)
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>

>> I found this in Defaults.py
>>
>> ARCHIVE_HTML_SANITIZER = 1
>>
>> The comments there say:
>> # 2 - Leave it inline, but HTML-escape it
>>
>> I  added this to mm_cfg.py. Then I  changed the 1 to 2, but it
>> doesn't
>> seem to have any effect. Formatted messages still come through with
>> attachments,

This setting affects what goes into your list archives.

> So I'm still not sure why SANITIZER doesn't seem to have any effect.
> All I want is for list messages not to have  HTML attachments every
> time
> they include a bit of formatting. Is my method below wrong? Is there
> another way to achieve this?

If you are using Mailman's content filtering, double check your MIME
type filtering and html/text conversion rules on the Content
filtering web page for your list.

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/