[Mailman-Users] [Mailman-Users] remove_members returns no success output

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Fri May 13 05:46:20 CEST 2005

On May 13, 2005, at 02:53, Ramasamy, Sudhakar wrote:

> I am using the remove_members command inside a shell script and
> sending the
> output by email. When there is an unsuccessful remove such as an
> invalid or
> non-existent email address I can get the output. But when an email
> address is
> successfully removed there is no output from this command.

The lack of an error message means it was successful in removing the
member(s) requested.  remove_members only outputs on success if you
use the --fromall switch, to confirm which list(s) from which the
subscriber(s) were removed.

You could modify your copy of remove_members if you wanted to echo
each address after a successful ApprovedDeleteMember().

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/