[Mailman-Users] Allow a domain to post to a list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon May 16 17:38:25 CEST 2005

Miguel Tarazona Belenguer wrote:

>This is my config file:

># Use this option if you want to restrict posting to list members. If
># you want list members to be able to post, plus a handful of other
># posters, see the <i> posters </i> setting below
>#
># legal values are:
>#    0 = "No"
>#    1 = "Yes"
>member_posting_only = 1
>
># Adding entries here will have one of two effects, according to whether
># another option restricts posting to members. <ul> <li> If
># <i>member_posting_only</i> is 'yes', then entries added here will have
># posting privilege in addition to list members. <li> If
># listed here will be able to post without admin approval. </ul>
>#posters = []
>posters = ['@my.uni.es']
>
>And I want to allow all members of the domain "my.uni.es" to post to the
>list but I don't fint the correct syntax to do this (if it can be done)

This is an old version of Mailman. Those attributes don't exist in
current versions, but assuming that current syntax might apply here,
try

posters = ['^\.+ at my\.uni\.es']

This assumes that a regular expression is allowed in the 'posters' list
and an initial '^' signals a regular expression.

In current Mailman, this would be 'accept_these_nonmembers' and the
above syntax would work.