[Mailman-Users] Setting sitewide defaults that can'tbe changed?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu May 19 00:05:21 CEST 2005

Brad Knowles wrote:

>At 2:09 PM -0700 2005-05-18, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>>  ADMIN_CATEGORIES.remove('archive')
>
>	Why not instead have the following in mm_cfg.py:
>
>ADMIN_CATEGORIES = [
>     # First column
>     'general', 'passwords', 'language', 'members', 'nondigest', 'digest',
>     # Second column
>     # Old version commented out, and "archive" removed
>     # 'privacy', 'bounce', 'archive', 'gateway', 'autoreply',
>     'privacy', 'bounce', 'gateway', 'autoreply',
>     'contentfilter', 'topics',
>     ]

Both produce the same end result. My way requires less typing, but
Brad's provides better documentation.

Actually, I'm not even sure the above change is necessary no matter how
you do it. One other thing which is necessary which I didn't mention
before (I warned you I don't know what I'm talking about) is the line

from Archive import Archive

must be removed or commented out in Mailman/Gui/__init__.py