[Mailman-Users] mailman/listinfo

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri May 20 03:09:45 CEST 2005

eyewatchyou at zonnet.nl wrote:

>I am a new subscriber. We have last weekend succesfully installed
>Mailman 2.1.5 onto our server and are now testing.
>We did necessary customization in ymm_cfg.py as well as the regular html
>pages from the admin modules.
>I am puzzled however as to how we can change the template that shows the
>welcome message from this version.
>i.e   ./mailman/listinfo
>
>As in
>

>    Mailing Lists
>
>Welcome!
>
>Below is a listing of all the public mailing lists on
< snip >

This page is not built from a template. It is coded directly in
Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py. To change it, you have to edit that file.

Also, if you do edit the file and you are concerned about languages
other than English, you also have to edit the relevant messages in
messages/<language>/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po for each language of
interest and then update the corresponding mailman.mo files by

cd $prefix/messages
make

See README-I18N.en in the source distribution for more info.