[Mailman-Users] Resetting digest option for all subscribers

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun May 29 00:19:13 CEST 2005

Joshua Beall wrote:

>"Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net> wrote in message
>news:PC17402005052809313604680fec86f8 at msapiro...
>> Joshua Beall wrote:
>>>
>>>Is there a way to globally reset the digest option to "on" or "off" for
>>>all
>>>subscribers?
>>
>> You can use bin/withlist to do this.
<snip>

>I take it then that there is no way to do this with an existing script/admin
>tool?

bin/withlist is the admin tool that's designed to help with tasks such
as this. As far as I know, there's no tool or script in the standard
Mailman distribution that can do this more easily than withlist. The
script I included in my original reply could be simplified even
further by taking advantage of the fact that we know mm_cfg.Digests is
equal 0.

This gives the following for the whole process:

$ bin/withlist -l listname
The variable `m' is the listname MailList instance
>>> for member in m.getDigestMemberKeys():
...     m.setMemberOption(member, 0, 0)
>>> m.Save()

Unlocking (but not saving) list: mailman
Finalizing
$