[Mailman-Users] Mailman just doesn"t send the messages... :-( SOLVED

Laurent Lesage laurent at lesagepono.be
Sun May 29 22:23:18 CEST 2005

Hi Mark,

I tried the "debug session" as you told me to do. I had exactly the
error reported in the fisrt link you gave (

See http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.014.htp

)

So, i went back to the "hostname" : in fact, as I told, my machine is
not his own DNS server. And I didn't put the name of the machine
(/etc/hostname in Debian) in the /etc/hosts file. It was in it, but
fully qualified (serveur.lesagepono.be). I just add "serveur" in the
/etc/hosts at the address of my machine and that's it! Until now, it
didn't have any problem with those "messy" names on my server. I should
configure myself a good DNS server... So it seems that the python
routine (or the standard smtp routine??) just look if the `hostname` is
reachable. It doesn't try to resolve the name "localhost" with
/etc/hosts, but use only the hostname defined on the machine. I'll have
to RTFM ...

Thanks a lot to you, Mark, for your quick answers, moreover during the
weekend!

LAurent Lesage (Belgian, living in Senegal : free software are everywhere!)