[Mailman-Users] Editing the from address on mailman autoresponse

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon May 30 00:26:49 CEST 2005

Gretchen Stanton wrote:

> I will give your code mods a careful try.
>
> On Friday 27 May 2005 22:45, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>> The code to change is in Mailman/Handlers/Acknowledge.py
>>
>> You could try changing
>>
>>     usermsg = Message.UserNotification(sender,
>> mlist.GetBouncesEmail(),
>>                                        subject, text, lang)

>>     usermsg = Message.UserNotification(sender, mlist.GetListEmail(),
>>                                        subject, text, lang)
>>
>> All the usual disclaimers - no warranty, try at your own risk ...

I think I misunderstood which autoresponse you were talking about. The
above change is for acknowledgements to user's posts, not to
autoresponses. For autoresponses the module is
Mailman/Handlers/Replybot.py. The change is similar - from

     outmsg = Message.UserNotification(sender, mlist.GetBouncesEmail(),
                                       subject, text,
mlist.preferred_language)

     outmsg = Message.UserNotification(sender, mlist.GetListEmail(),
                                       subject, text,
mlist.preferred_language)