[Mailman-Users] Mailman with Exim4: owner cannot post

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Nov 2 23:20:41 CET 2005

Oliver König wrote:

>On Wednesday 02 November 2005 18:31, you wrote:
>>
>> It looks like the above is an issue with spamassassin not Mailman. Is
>> the attempted post rejected by Exim or does it get to Mailman (is
>> there anything in Mailman's logs or qfiles/*/ directories)? What does
>> the reject notice if any say?

>Well, I don't think it is a SpamAssassin problem because regular mail (not
>mailing list) gets through. There is absolutely nothing
>in /var/lib/mailman/qfiles and sub direcotries. With the current
>configuration I do not even get a reject message.

Well those Exim log messages don't seem to involve the Mailman
router/transport and only mention spamassassin and don't seem to be
fatal in any case?.

Do you know the mail isn't reaching Mailman?

Is there anything in Mailman's logs (/var/mailman/logs/* by default,
but check LOG_DIR in mm_cfg.py)?

Does the list have archives? Is the post there? Does the list have
members with delivery enabled?

Look at
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp

>> If there's something in qfiles/in/, is Mailman running (bin/mailmanctl
>> start)?
>This is what's running:
>/usr/lib/mailman/bin/mailmanctl -s start
>/var/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=ArchRunner:0:1 -s
>/var/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=BounceRunner:0:1 -s
>/var/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=CommandRunner:0:1 -s
>/var/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=IncomingRunner:0:1 -s
>/var/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=NewsRunner:0:1 -s
>/var/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=OutgoingRunner:0:1 -s
>/var/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=VirginRunner:0:1 -s
>/var/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=RetryRunner:0:1 -s

That part at least is correct.