[Mailman-Users] Message I post to my list not going through

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Nov 8 06:03:19 CET 2005

Jody Cleveland wrote:

>I've got Mailman 2.1.5 running on a redhat 3.0AS server.
>
>I created a list, which I only want the admins to be able to post to.
>
>If I post from an address that's subscribed, but not an admin, I get a
>bounce saying it's an announcement only list. If I try posting from one
>of the admin addresses, nothing gets posted. It's as if the emails are
>disappearing into the ether.
>
>Any ideas what may be wrong?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you have other lists that work so
that rules out qrunners not running, inabiliity to send mail in
general and so on. The problem must be specific to this list's
configuration/membership.

Since a moderated member's post gets properly rejected, the post alias
must be OK too.

Do the messages wind up in a queue? E.g., qfiles/shunt/, qfiles/retry/?

Have you checked all Mailman's logs, particularly vette, post, smtp,
smtp-failure and error?

Have you looked at the admindb page to see if the messages are held
there?