[Mailman-Users] Setting the whole list parameters to another one.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Nov 11 17:17:42 CET 2005

Agustín Barahona wrote:

>My lists are very personalized and I'd need to use the same basic configuration in all my next ones. But I'm not able to find a file containing the whole settings as I had in my previous majordomo software.

The list configuration is kept along with the member list, member
options, etc. in lists/list_name/config.pck, but that isn't directly
useful to you.

>Is there any way for automatically setting the whole list parameters to another one? Thank you i advance.

bin/config_list is the tool you want. It can write a list's
configuration to a file and then use that file to configure another
list. See

bin/config_list --help