[Mailman-Users] Archives

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Nov 28 16:46:43 CET 2005

Par Leijonhufvud wrote:

>On some mailman lists there is a "total archive" that can be downloaded,
>not just the montly files.  How do I get that on my list?

PUBLIC_MBOX = Yes

In mm_cfg.py will make the link appear on index pages and will cause a
symlink to the private .mbox to be created in the public directory the
next time the list/archive is updated.

With or without the hyperlink and/or symlink, you can always access the
cumulative mailbox via a URL like
<http://www.example.com/mailman/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox>,
but this requires authorization as a list member or admin even if the
archive is public, and may require reentry of the URL after
authorization (bug 1080943).