[Mailman-Users] qfiles?

Kris Gybels kris.gybels at vub.ac.be
Mon Oct 3 14:19:22 CEST 2005

Hi all,

We're having some problems with our mailman-based mailinglists,
everything worked fine until some time ago, when a problem started
where mails sent to the lists sometimes get lost. We have no idea yet
whether this is due to smtp setup problems or something or mailman
itself. I'm looking into this problem but my knowledge of mailman is
limited so I have questions, one is: what is the "qfiles" folder for?
Is it normal for this folder to contain about 10000 .msg and
10000 .db files? Based on the name I would assume this is the queue
of unsent messages, and I would expect it to only contain messages
that still have to be sent, the fact that there are files still in
there might explain or missing mails option, though it's not like
10000 messages got lost ... but still, what is qfiles for then and
does it really need to be so big??