[Mailman-Users] Membership List

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Oct 8 18:25:23 CEST 2005

William F. Hill, Jr. wrote:

>Is it possible to download the membership list?  If so, how?
>
>When I go to my administration panel and select Membership Options I only
>see members that are subscribed under the alphabetical heading.  I would
>like to be able to see the whole list at once.  Is this possible?

You can send a 'who' command to the listname-request address or view
the roster (via the listinfo page or directly at something like
http://www.example.com/mailman/roster/listname). The problem is
neither of these shows 'hidden' members anthough the roster indicates
how many there are.

If you have access to the command line interface, you can use
bin/list_members to get the list and/or you can use bin/withlist to
set the lists admin_member_chunksize attribute to a number larger than
the list's total membership and then the Membership
Management...->Membership List will be all on one page.

If you don't have access to the command line, you can script the web
interface to automate retrieving the member list. See
http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb