[Mailman-Users] Probe message bounce bounced (with qmail)

David Cuenca mmlist at infobrok.es
Mon Oct 10 10:52:41 CEST 2005

I'm getting a failure notice message when a mailing list probe message
generates a bounce. It seems that I haven't configured qmail properly.
Here there are details of my configuration and the error messages:

The failure notice message I receive is:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at myserver.mydomain.foo
I tried to deliver a bounce message to this address, but the bounce bounced!

<mylist-bounces+6e42959622d8afee48a3f60818984529c7ecd088 at lists.mydomain.foo>:

In the Defaults.py file I have:

# VERP format and regexp for probe messages

VERP_PROBE_FORMAT = '%(bounces)s+%(token)s'

VERP_PROBE_REGEXP = r'^(?P<bounces>[^+]+?)\+(?P<token>[^@]+)@.*$'

And I have the files:

.qmail-default with:

	|preline /usr/bin/python /usr/local/mailman/bin/qmail-to-mailman.py

.qmail-mylist-bounces-default with:

	|preline /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces myslist

I have mailman-2.1.5 and qmail-1.03 running.

So, I see that the bounces are counted properly until the probe message
is generated. I suppose that the user that causes the bounce message
will not be disabled, because mailman don't receives the probe message
bounce.

Can anyone help me, please??
Thanks a lot!