[Mailman-Users] Modifying Mailman-generated virtuals file

Philip M. White pmw at qnan.org
Fri Oct 14 06:09:56 CEST 2005

Hello, all.

I've recently reconfigured my mail setup to separate the namespace of
mailing lists versus regular users, so now both systems are considered
"virtual aliases" by Postfix.

Mailman works with this setup, but only after I edit its virtuals file
to contain, for example, `list1234 at localhost' instead of just
`list1234'.  Without this modification, Postfix rewrites the right-hand
side to originate from my domain name, after which the message is stuck
in the queue since the namespace separation prevents the new address
from being recognized.

So I wonder, is there any clean way of getting Mailman to append
`@localhost' to every virtuals line?

Thanks.
--
Philip