[Mailman-Users] Bounced mail when sending reminders

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Oct 20 01:10:24 CEST 2005

Robert Cartier wrote:

>I am encountering errors with the smtp servers on Yahoo.
>I have updated to use sendmail so that I can login using my
>account information and this works for postings.

The use of DELIVERY_MODULE = 'Sendmail' is highly discouraged as I'm
sure you know if you've made it work. If the only reason you're using
it is because your outgoing MTA requires username/password
authorization, see

>when the system sends out reminder emails it doesn't seem
>to use the same code and uses smtp direct I am assuming

I don't think that is correct. All outgoing mail is placed in the out
queue and delivered by OutgoingRunner using DELIVERY_MODULE.

I have noticed however that one of my Yahoo addresses that is
subscribed to a list always finds its password reminders in the 'Bulk'
folder even though list posts are delivered normally.

I suspect Yahoo. Do you have any of the actual bounces or just bounce
log information? If you have an actual bounce, what does it say?