[Mailman-Users] Mailman shuts down silently under FreeBSD

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Thu Oct 20 21:02:51 CEST 2005

I'm running Mailman out of FreeBSD's 'ports' collection, and
for some reason qrunner shuts down silently every now and
again. Today, for instance, I created a mailing list through
the Mailman command-line interface, then tried to send that
list a test message. Nothing arrived at the subscribers'
mailboxes. Having noticed this behavior before, I restarted
qrunner via

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mailman.sh start

It restarted, and the queue cleared; all the messages that
should have been delivered were delivered.

The machine hasn't restarted; 'uptime' on that end reads

 2:58PM  up 21 days, 12:43, 0 users, load averages: 1.98, 2.10, 1.99

So can anyone think of why qrunner would have shut down?

Thanks much,
Steve

--
Stephen R. Laniel