[Mailman-Users] Bouncing admins

Jared Rimer jrimer at tagline.cc
Sat Oct 29 03:30:12 CEST 2005

At 18:23 10/28/2005, you wrote:
>Jared Rimer wrote:
>
> >I don't have my copy any more,  but this has been the problem since
> >we've moved.  Shall I re-enable the option to send notifications and
> >when I get another one send it to the list?
>
>You can do that.
>
>If you're willing to experiment, answers to the following questions
>would be interesting and helpful.
>
>What does the full 'bounce action notice' look like, complete with all
>headers and attached parts?

That's all there is, I'll have to get a copy to show you anything else new.

>How often does this occur?

Maybe once a week or two since this occurred.

>Is the subscription really disabled (I think you said no)?

No, the subscription is not disabled.

>What happens if bounce processing is turned off for the list?

I don't think we'd get bounces that were lidigament if address were
inactive or something no?

>If you have access to Mailman's bounce log, what's there associated
>with this address?

That I don't we're running under Cpannel.

>I guess it is possible that there is some wierd alias loop causing
>this, but I can't think how. I only say that because the member's user
>name is apparently the same as the list name although the domains are
>different.

Then why isn't my address bounce?  We have changed addresses in the
past, the hotmail address bounced with the same as before.

>--
>Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,
>San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan

Jared Rimer
Business website: http://www.superior-software.com/support
Personal Website: http://www.asmodean.net/jrimer
Music Education Network for the Visually Impaired  http://menvi.org a
service done through Superior Software level one
WBBY Internet Radio and All In Play team up.  Learn more
http://www.menvi.org/allinplay
WBBY Internet Radio: www.wbby.us