[Mailman-Users] unwinding mailman's use of domains

Heather Madrone heather at madrone.com
Sun Oct 30 22:30:19 CET 2005

I'm moving Mailman from OS X 10.2.8 to OS X 10.4.2, and am
trying to find a way not to set up the new configuration with virtual
domains.

On Macs, the local hostname is "xxx.local."  On the old system, I
used add_virtualhost to correct the urls.  That worked, but it put my
mailman installation in a virtual host jail that meant that I had to
address the web site using that specific url.  I couldn't just connect
to the web site using any of the other ways that I might want to
address my machine.

I'd like to set up the new server so that I can access my Mailman
pages in any of the following ways:

Is there a way to reset the DEFAULT_URL_HOST and
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST to use host.domain without
setting up virtual hosts?

--
Heather Madrone <heather at madrone.com>
The Home-Ed List:  http://www.madrone.com/Home-ed/helist.html

You can lead a child to learning, but you can't make her think.