[Mailman-Users] max_num_recipients variable question

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Sep 1 04:00:04 CEST 2005

    John> But yes, 10 recipients known to Mailman is the limit as set
    John> up by the default value.  Personally, I prefer a setting of
    John> 1 (I hate broadcasting addresses into a mailing list).

Does that actually work?  Although 10 is too many (I don't think I've
ever seen a non-spam/troll with more than 5 including the list on the
lists I manage), most of the lists I manage have occasional valid
reasons for cross-posting or adding non-member recipients.  I would
think the inconvenience would be greater with restriction to 1.