[Mailman-Users] Where are the bounces?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Sep 2 18:10:03 CEST 2005

At 2:57 PM +0200 2005-09-02, Michael Schaarwaechter wrote:

>  great, mailman handles the most bounces going back to listname-bounces
>  itself. But now we have a problem in our Mailserver and would like to
>  take a look at these bounces. Is that possible? I didn't find any place
>  where I can see the mails themself.

	The bounces themselves only exist on the server long enough to be
processed by the BounceRunner.  After that, they are thrown away.  If
you want to see the individual bounces themselves, you're going to
have to make some configuration changes to Mailman or how you
integrate Mailman into your MTA.

	For details on how to make those kinds of configuration changes,
I would encourage you to spend some time searching the archives.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755