[Mailman-Users] Sending in Batch

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Tue Sep 6 21:46:25 CEST 2005

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Jim Null wrote:

> My host only allows 200 emails per hours and 50 emails in five minutes to go
> out.  We have 97 members on one list that is growing.  Does Mailman offer a
> timed-batch feature that I can set to send out emails over a period of time
> that won't violate my hosts policies?

I think you may need to either see if you can pay for additional mail usage,
or look into alternate hosting, either for your site or just your mailing
list. the FAQ entry referenced says this would need to be done at the MTA
level, meaning your hosting provider.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you think you need outside hosting for
the list. We haven't turned list hosting into a 'product' yet, but have done
it on request.

-Chris