[Mailman-Users] mmdsr -- Mailman Daily Status Reports (Bourne shellscript, updated)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Sep 11 06:57:33 CEST 2005

Brad Knowles wrote:

>	Just wanted to let you know that I've updated the version of the
>script attached to the patch at
><https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1123383&group_id=103&atid=300103>.
>This is the latest version, and we're currently using this to monitor
>the mailing lists on python.org.
>
>	Any comments you may have will be appreciated.  Thanks!

I tried it and I'm starting to run it with a daily cron. I added
comments and a patch to the above patch regarding the following:

The script assumes the a single specified directory (normally the
VAR_PREFIX directory) contains the queues in the qfiles/ directory and
the logs in the logs/ directory. This isn't the case in all
installations. I modified it to allow independent specification of the
directory containing the logs.

The script leaves a temp file behind.

See the above URL for my comments and patch.